Seminyak is the next town north of Legian, Kuta – Bali, extra upmarket with largely luxury accommodation, check out seminyak villas, and trendy high-end eating places and bars. The atmosphere is far more refined and laid-again than Kuta, and the seashore in particular is quieter through the day. Seminyak can also be the excessive finish spa and boutique procuring capital of Bali. Nowhere is the upscaling of Bali lately extra obvious than here.
It’s exhausting to think about that only ten years ago this was a distinctly separate village, and something of a backwater. Growth has occurred at an astonishing pace, and as well as absorbing all green house which previously separated Seminyak from Legian, it’s now virtually unimaginable to determine the place Seminyak ends and the nearby villages of Petitenget, Umalas and Kerobokan begin. This actually has it downside, and the whole district has grow to be very congested.
Learn how to get there
Seminyak is a part of the principle west coast connurbation in South Bali and it may possibly get very congested with traffic. There are two essential routes in. From Kuta and Legian, Jalan Legian runs parallel with the seaside and at its western limit, becomes Jalan Seminyak. If in any respect potential try to avoid this highway although, and take instead the jap bypass called Jalan Sunset. This is virtually invariably the quicker route from Kuta and Legian into Seminyak, though it is really additional in distance.
The streets of Seminyak are increasingly jammed, with Jalan Laksmana being a selected black-spot. Your best options listed below are to walk or rent a motorbike/bicycle.
A number of roads in Seminyak have various names. Whilst this subject is just not unique to Seminyak, it does seem to happen right here greater than anywhere else in Bali. There follows a listing of highway names with the most popular given first and the alternatives afterwards in brackets.
* Jalan Arjuna (Jalan Double Six, Jalan 66)
* Jalan Raya Seminyak (Jalan Raya Basangkasa)
* Jalan Dhyana Pura (Jalan Caplak Tanduk)
* Jalan Laksmana (Jalan Oberoi, Jalan Kayu Aya)
* Jalan Pantai Legian (Jalan Blue Ocean)
* Jalan Mertanadi (Jalan Penjara)
What to See
Seminyak Beach and Petitenget Beach is a continuous expanse of gray sand stretching in each instructions so far as the attention can see. To the south it becomes Legian Beach and then Kuta Beach, however is noticeably quieter than both. The sunsets listed here are well-known, and opportunites abound to combine with the glitterati who frequent the high end beach entrance estalilshments equivalent to Ku De Ta. Easy access points to the beach are at the end of Jalan Dhyana Pura, and from the big public automobile park (Rp 2,000) between Petitenget Temple and La Luciola restaurant.
* Pura Petitenget at the beachside off Jl Petitenget is a compact, pretty Balinese temple, which is known for significantly spectacular seaside-side ceremonies. There was a temple here since a minimum of the 16th century, and although this is not one of many key nine directional temples of Bali, it is a crucial hyperlink in the sequence of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot.
What to Do in Seminyak
Spas, therapeutic massage and different treatments
Seminyak is the high-end spa capital of Bali. Your spa expertise right here will probably be one of nice luxury in a complicated setting. You pay up for all of that of course, however the prices are still 50% or more cheaper than you’ll pay in a western country.
In case you are staying in considered one of Seminyak’s high finish hotels there will undoubtedly be an in-home spa service. If you are staying in a villa, then in-villa remedies will nearly definitely be provided – test with the staff.
* Glow Spa At Mandira, Jalan Padma 2 legian kuta bali (reverse Of hotel Padma legian). A spa Therapies based upon the principlesof restoring stability, magnificence and harmony to mind and body.
* Amo Beauty & Spa, Jalan Petitenget 100x (opposite Bali Catering Company and Kayana).A spa run by former model Navia Nguyen that offers massages and various spa treatments.
* Amoaras Spa, Jl Laksmana 57.Traditional Balinese massage and coverings in a nicely established spa.
* Glo, Kunti Plaza , Jl Kunti 119. A self styled hip spa offering many alternative treatments. Positions itself to appeal to younger clientele than a lot of Bali’s spa establishments.
* Jari Menari (Dancing Fingers), Jl Raya Seminyak. Excellent massage centre in Seminyak. The crew who set up Jari Menari consult worldwide for other spas and massage houses. Additionally offer massage training classes.
* Prana Spa, Jl Kunti. Connected to The Villas, that is one in every of Bali’s perfect spas. Themed on a Rajasthan Palace.
* Spa Venus Bali, Jl Raya Seminyak, Gg Plawa No33F (10 minute walk from Bintang Supermarket). On provide is a spread of remedies from a simple Balinese traditional massage to a whole detox program together with colonic cleaning and fasting, as well as far infra red sauna, deep therapeutic remedies, allergy elimination, natural medication and more.
Slightly bit of browsing goes on right here, but it’s not as good as off Legian and Kuta beaches to the south, or at Canggu to the north.
* AJ Hackett Bungy, at Double Six nightclub on Seminyak seaside (take Jalan Arjuna all the way to the seashore, flip right and you can not miss the tower after about 200 metres). This is greatest recognized bungy bounce in Bali, and it’s run the well-known New Zealand-primarily based AJ Hackett group. The leap is 45 metres over a pool, and there may be an elevator to the top of the tower. Leaping proper by the seashore is spectacular at any time of the day, but this bounce is open all evening so you can take also the plunge accompanied by thumping dance beats. Read the review of your favorite villas in seminyak at bali villas review (balivillasreview.com)